Call Today 216-820-9231
Follow our simple steps below and you can create a sketch of your floor plan with all the information needed for us to begin a kitchen design for you. Tip: If you have access to graph paper, drawing your floor plan to scale makes everything much easier to read and understand. If you don’t, don’t worry, just make sure all measurements are correct.
Follow These Steps
- Draw a rough sketch of your kitchen.
- Measure every wall, beginning at the left corner, to the far right corner. Write down the total measurement in inches.
- Go back and measure from the left corner to the edge of any opening, such as as a window or door.
- Measure across the opening from outside edge of trim to outside edge of trim.
- Measure from that trim edge to the far wall. Go back and total the measurements from steps 3, 4, and 5. They should equal the measurement in step 2.
- Mark on your sketch, the exact location of the sink, water & gas lines, wall switch & receptacles, & any other obstructions in the room. Be sure to measure to the center of these & not the edge.
- Measure from the floor to the bottom of your windows & mark it down.
- Then measure from the bottom of the window to the top of the window. Always from outside edge of trim.
- Measure from the top of the window to the ceiling & mark it down.
- Measure from the floor to the ceiling. Total the measurements from steps 7, 8, and 9. They should equal this measurement.
- If you haven’t already, measure the width of any doors, from outside of trim to outside of trim.
- Indicate on your sketch how each door swings.(In to or out of the room & which side the hinge is on).
- Measure all other walls in kitchen following steps 2 through 12. Measure all walls even if you do not plan to put cabinets on them. (This is important for us to present you with a proper design).
- Measure all appliances including stove, refrigerator (including height), microwave, dishwasher & sink.
- Double check your work. These measurements must be 100% correct for your new cabinetry to fit correctly.
Northeast Factory Direct